Lower Limb Orthotics and Shoes
Hunt Orthopaedics use the RS Footscan system to do a gait analysis and make custom made innersoles according to their client’s specific needs.
We also have a large range of Orthopaedic and diabetic footwear, and each client is individually measured and fitted with these.
Who can benefit from the RS Footscan® system?
- People with chronic foot, ankle, knee hip and back injuries
- Active people who want to avoid overuse injuries
- Treatment of children with collapsed arches, knock knees
or in/out toeing
- Diabetic persons who need to manage neuropathy
Aim of a foot orthosis
- Reduce pain
- Provide support
- Prevent or halt the development of foot deformity
- Provide better positioning
- Relieve pressure on a certain area of the foot
- Improve the overall biomechanical function of the foot
- Improve pelvic alignment
- Reduce lower limb torsion and knee stress
- Enhance sporting ability and makes life more enjoyable
- Reduce the risk of injuries caused by incorrect shoes
AFO’s and KAFO (calipers)
In today’s day and age where polio has been irradiated, the manufacturing of KAFO’s have declined. We are one of the few practices who still manufacture custom made traditional calipers, and we pride ourselves in using the newest technology on the market, producing strong, light and comfortable carbon fiber Orthotics